UPDATED 18MAY2017: There’s something special about getting your water from a hand pump. Somehow water tastes a little bit better when it comes as a result of some exercise. Even if you do have an electric pump at your place, as I do, having a hand pump as a second option in the same well brings security and fun. Click below to watch how I installed a stainless steel deep well hand pump in my homestead well in the summer of 2016, and see how it works with those first few pumps of clear, cold water. This pump is made by a US company called Bison and is the nicest I’ve ever seen and used. It works year-round, without freezing up even in the coldest climates.
You may also enjoy reading
- GOT A WEAK WATER WELL? Here’s How to Get Lots of Water Anyway
- KEEP IT FLOWING: Video Lesson#8 Getting Lots of Water from a Weak Well
- Submersible Water Well Pump Tear-Down
- BAILEY LINE LIFE EP. 18: Submersible Water Pump Installation Video
- INSTALL A SUBMERSIBLE PUMP: 6 Lessons for Doing It the Right Way
- WINTER HAND PUMP: See How Well Pump Resists Freezing