In this video I answer a homeowner who, on April 17, 2012, asked about foundation options for building a deck at a cottage on bedrock, which is a challenge to support. I suggest pouring small pads underneath wherever you plan to use a support post. The material I recommend is rigid foam sheets. Watch the video to find out more details.
You may also enjoy reading
- How to Choose a Backup Generator & Three Options For Legal Connections
- HOUSE & HOME: Let Me Sneak You In To See A Truly Beautiful House
- Q&A OF THE WEEK: Is Knotty Pine Good For a Finished Floor?
- BEAT THE HEAT: “How Can I Make Upstairs Bedrooms Cooler in Summer?”
- Do You Have a Place Worth Loving?
- HELPLESSNESS, HUMILITY & A SWIMMING RAFT (Plus Project Plans!)
Recent Articles from the Homestead