UPDATED 15Jun2018: When settlers first came to Manitoulin Island, Canada, they had to be careful when they chose and cleared land for farming. Manitoulin has pockets of good soil but it’s surrounded by areas of thin soil over limestone bedrock. […]Continue Reading
Recent Articles from the Homestead
- Q&A OF THE WEEK: How Can I Get Rid of Stinky Drain Smell?
- HOW TO BUILD COMPACT STAIRS: Staircase Kit Makes Attics Accessible
- PLANNING A NEW HOME OR ADDITION?: Follow These Steps to Make the Place Your Own
- THE BAILEY LINE ROAD CHRONICLES: Chapter 1 – Surprised By Reality
- FRAME & PANEL DOORS: A Simple Approach for Making Your Own