UPDATED 13Mar2020: Building with the natural stone of Manitoulin Island, Canada is one of the things I’ve learned to do in my time here on our homestead. The video below shows one of the most intricate parts of the job. Click below for a detailed video on how I cut and shape arch stones for a round window opening. This technique can be used with any kind of sedimentary stone.
You may also enjoy reading
Recent Articles from the Homestead
- HOMESCHOOLING & COVID-19: Discover a Simple Way to Teach Your Own Kids Well
- OLD-TIME STONEWORK: See “New” Old-Time Stonework Up Close
- “ROOF” LEAK ON A SUNNY DAY?: Melting Attic Frost May Be the Cause
- Q&A OF THE WEEK: What’s the best paint for my concrete basement floor?
- GLASS-SMOOTH POLYURETHANE FINISH: Simple, Fast, Beautiful Results Every Time