UPDATED 13Mar2020: Building with the natural stone of Manitoulin Island, Canada is one of the things I’ve learned to do in my time here on our homestead. The video below shows one of the most intricate parts of the job. Click below for a detailed video on how I cut and shape arch stones for a round window opening. This technique can be used with any kind of sedimentary stone.
You may also enjoy reading
- LESSONS FROM STONE: What Anyone Can Learn From a Lost Trade
- Masonry Matters: Four Reasons the World Needs More Brick, Stone & Concrete
- OLD-TIME STONEWORK: See “New” Old-Time Stonework Up Close
- BRICK VENEER: Tech Tips for Successful Installations
- WORLD’S BEST BRICK TIE: See Why Simpson Strong-Tie BTH Is So Good
- MASONRY: Why It’s a Great Green Choice