In 2011, I sat in on a conference organized by delegations from the five Nordic countries – Norway, Denmark, Finland, Sweden and Iceland. To this day, I’m still thinking about what I learned there. This entourage of Nordic building professionals and diplomats came to Canada to share their experiences living sustainably and elegantly in a cold landscape. To learn more, read my article “Beauty and Sustainability Nordic Style”.
You may also enjoy reading
Recent Articles from the Homestead
- WHY GOVERNMENT SPREADS AND HOW THIS HURTS PEOPLE
- EXTEND CHAINSAW LIFE: Watch & Learn the Tips That Kept This Saw Going for 30+ Years
- WATER LINE FREEZE PROTECTION: Watch a Video Tour of An Actual Cottage Country Installation
- OUTDOOR WOODWORKING TIPS: Real-World Tricks for Working With Posts, Beams & More
- Q&A OF THE WEEK: “What can I do to warm the floors of my 1875 cottage?”