If you’re serious about making firewood a part of your life, then you might want to learn how to sharpen a chainsaw more quickly and easily than by hand with a file. Sure, files can do a fine job in the right hands, but there are limits. I know because I sharpened our homestead chainsaws by hand with a file for 20 years. ButI don’t do that any more because there’s a much better way. Click on the icon to the left to download my hands-on guide for sharpening saw chains with an electric sharpener. Faster than a file, yes, but also WAY sharper results. Even the dullest chains I sharpen at my place these days using my electric sharpener cut even better than new. Check the process out and see for yourself.
You may also enjoy reading
- DIY HOOP HOUSE PLANS: Make the most of your growing season with this hands-on project
- CHEAP & AMAZING LUMBER: Tips & Plans for Building Fine Furniture from Construction-Grade Wood
- LOG SPLITTER EXTRAORDINAIRE: How to Make Firewood Faster with Speedy Inertia Splitter
- BUILD A HOOP HOUSE: Download Free Plans Here
- eBOOK DOWNLOAD: How to Use an Electric Saw Chain Sharpener
- DOWNLOAD: How to Stop Wet Winter Windows and Breathe Easier
Recent Articles from the Homestead
- HOMESCHOOLING & COVID-19: Discover a Simple Way to Teach Your Own Kids Well
- OLD-TIME STONEWORK: See “New” Old-Time Stonework Up Close
- “ROOF” LEAK ON A SUNNY DAY?: Melting Attic Frost May Be the Cause
- Q&A OF THE WEEK: What’s the best paint for my concrete basement floor?
- GLASS-SMOOTH POLYURETHANE FINISH: Simple, Fast, Beautiful Results Every Time