If warm, moist indoor air is allowed to enter the space between the window and the window blanket, this air will cool and moisture will condense on the glass surface. Sometimes the process of leakage and condensation gets bad enough to form puddles on your floor. Even with a good seal around the edge of the window blanket, expect a little frost to develop on the windows during cold nights. This is normal and harmless.
You may also enjoy reading
- Choosing Windows and Doors Wisely
- Can I install vinyl flooring directly on top of a concrete basement floor?
- HOME ENERGY: Don’t Get Fooled By Convincing Nonsense
- Canadian Hardware Brings Timber Into View
- Are sealed, unventilated attics a good idea?
- How can I insulate the double-brick walls of my 100-year-old home?
Recent Articles from the Homestead