Building and renovating homes in cold climates requires vapour barriers in some places. Trouble is, there are so many false ideas about vapour barriers and so many poor installations. Click to watch and learn how vapour barriers work and why they’re essential.
You may also enjoy reading
- PODCAST: Three Keys to Proper Basement Finishing
- TECH REPORT: Why We Need Better Walls
- “ROOF” LEAK ON A SUNNY DAY?: Melting Attic Frost May Be the Cause
- NEW WINDOWS Q&A: Will They Reduce Street Noise & Condensation?
- VAPOUR BARRIERS: How They Work & Why They Matter
- INSULATION MYTHS: Four Popular Misconceptions Busted
Recent Articles from the Homestead
- WHY GOVERNMENT SPREADS AND HOW THIS HURTS PEOPLE
- EXTEND CHAINSAW LIFE: Watch & Learn the Tips That Kept This Saw Going for 30+ Years
- WATER LINE FREEZE PROTECTION: Watch a Video Tour of An Actual Cottage Country Installation
- OUTDOOR WOODWORKING TIPS: Real-World Tricks for Working With Posts, Beams & More
- Q&A OF THE WEEK: “What can I do to warm the floors of my 1875 cottage?”