UPDATED 28May2020: Frame and panel doors are a classic part of traditional furniture and cabinet design. Click below to watch a video tour of the simple way I make frame and panel assemblies. The video is from my online cabinetmaking course for ordinary people. All it takes is a tablesaw, a hand plane and a router table with one simple and inexpensive bit. The results look better than more modern and expensive methods that use fancy equipment.
You may also enjoy reading
- WOODWORKING: How to Prepare Boards for Great Results
- SANDING CABINET FACE FRAMES: Video Tutorial Shows the Right Way To Do It
- How to Dry Wood
- BAILEY LINE LIFE VIDEO EP.13: Veritas Low-Angle Smoothing Plane Tour
- RAISED PANELS, HAND-PLANED: Make Solid Wood Panels Without a Router
- BISCUIT JOINT VIDEO: You’ve Probably Never Seen This Trick Before
Recent Articles from the Homestead
- EXTEND CHAINSAW LIFE: Watch & Learn the Tips That Kept This Saw Going for 30+ Years
- WATER LINE FREEZE PROTECTION: Watch a Video Tour of An Actual Cottage Country Installation
- OUTDOOR WOODWORKING TIPS: Real-World Tricks for Working With Posts, Beams & More
- Q&A OF THE WEEK: “What can I do to warm the floors of my 1875 cottage?”
- Q&A: How Can I Hanging Something Heavy on Drywall?