For people who live in the country, getting water usually involves electricity, a pump, tank and a bunch of fittings. Boosting the reliability of my homestead water supply is why I installed a Bison deep well hand pump. It lives alongside our regular submersible electric pump, but it’s completely separate. If anything happens to our regular water system, the hand pump provides electricity-free back up. And it even works without freezing in our cold winters. Click below to watch how.
You may also enjoy reading
Recent Articles from the Homestead
- Q&A OF THE WEEK: How Can I Get Rid of Stinky Drain Smell?
- HOW TO BUILD COMPACT STAIRS: Staircase Kit Makes Attics Accessible
- PLANNING A NEW HOME OR ADDITION?: Follow These Steps to Make the Place Your Own
- THE BAILEY LINE ROAD CHRONICLES: Chapter 1 – Surprised By Reality
- FRAME & PANEL DOORS: A Simple Approach for Making Your Own